Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

We had a fun Memorial Day weekend this year. Friday night after school, I came home to my wife and we spent a relaxing night eating the best sandwiches in the entire world (no joke, I've tried every sandwich in the world and these were the best) and watching a movie at home. Saturday we got to go to Oakland to the temple and spend time with some friends. Sunday after church we went to my parents house for a fun night filled with good laughs and better food. My dad can bar-b-q. Good times.
And then, the grand finale, today we spent the afternoon at Sea Cliff beach in Santa Cruz. We walked up and down the beach and played in the water. Nothing intense because it is the Pacific and it was FREEZING!!!! I don't get how the water can be that cold. It doesn't make any sense. We actually stayed in for quite some time because it took so long to get used to the temperature, and when I say get used to the temperature I mean go numb from the waist down. Plus we knew that we wouldn't get back in again if we got out. Not worth it to freeze all over again.
But while we weren't losing circulation to our legs we just sat and relaxed in the sun. It was great fun and very relaxing.















I think it was what both of us needed to recharge our batteries for the coming week. So, even though we didn't spend our day mermorializing our brave soldiers, we did have a memorialistic weekend that we will look back on in fondness. Hope everyone else had just as much fun.

1 comment: